Monday, June 21, 2010

Aliens, and Immortals, and No Vampires - Oh my!

My completed book is getting an overhaul. I had something else in the works, moving forward and hoping that Dark Kismet would see the light of day in the future, but I had some ideas and decided to give them a shot first. This means an entire revision: changing from first to third person, removing all the vampires (I will see you again my friend's, I swear), and changing the order of some things which in turn meant having to change how my characters relate to each other. It took a bit for me to get to the point of revisions, but after some brainstorming with friends, I feel confident in the result... or at least the result I expect once it's done. I still have 5 chapters to go until revisions are complete, then a round of beta testing on the new book; new since it's made so many changes that it's pretty much become a new story in itself. Also important is the task of finding a new title. Titles are tough for me, but the perfect title will no doubt find its way into my heart and mind.

Change is good. I wasn't sure if I could do it, but I am glad that I was able to have the flexibility to make changes, even though they weren't necessarily changes I wanted to make.

Now a questions, for anyone who stumbles upon this blog:
Where do you get title ideas? Do they just come to you, or is there some ritual that helps give you inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment